Friday, October 29, 2010

Hospital Washcloth

So my grandfather was in the hospital because of a fainting spell. After I got home from summer school, I stayed in the hospital for a bit. In the meantime, I knit a washcloth for VLM. The pattern was pretty straightforward. I knit it based on the heel of a sock that I just knit.

Materials:

Yarn: Sugar and Cream Cotton Yarn; Color: Red
Needles: Size US 9

Notes:
Chinese Wave Stitch Pattern
1. *K1, move yarn to back as if to purl, sl 1, bring yarn forward, rep from * until end of row.
2. K across.

Pattern:
CO 42 Stitches
Knit 5 rows in Chinese wave stitch
Knit 5 st in Chinese wave stitch, *sl1, k1* rep from * until 5 sts left, then work in Chinese wave stitch.
K5 st in Chinese Wave Stitches, purl across, K5 in Chinese Wave Stitch.
k5 rows in Chinese wave stitch.

That's all! YAY! It didn't take terribly long and I thought it was really soothing. <3

No comments: